26 de marzo de 2010

Pharrell's "The Tank"

Pharrell Williams, musician, producer, "fashion designer” has now decided to explore yet another field of the creative world. He has designed "The Tank" chair, a limited collection that comes in 4 colours and that you can buy at Colette for only 17350€…

I find it funny that he chose a tank as inspiration for a chair, considering that he is American and against the war…I guess it's one of those things I can't wrap my mind around, I mean, inspiration just comes, but why choose something that you consider negative as the main idea behind your first industrial design project which, surely, you want it to turn out to be a success? Wouldn't that screw it up? or jinx it? like mess with your magnetic-guru-supersticious-cosmos-wave-field-stuff and result in a bad career just because the first one went against your personal ideas? I don't know... Probably I'm just reading to much into something that in reality has no substance behind it; it is what it is.





It's just not quite my cup of tea...

xx

P

No hay comentarios: